There are five principal criteria, each of which should be satisfied by a successful applicant.
- Geographic: Any grant should support people in Oxfordshire either directly or through charitable organisations.
- Community benefit or relief of individual hardship: Any grant should support projects whose primary objective is to provide community benefit or the relief of individual hardship.
- Need: Where there is competition for resources, applicants should demonstrate a need for the support which cannot readily be satisfied elsewhere.
- Sustainability: Applicants should show that their projects are, or will in the medium term, become sustainable without reliance on the Feoffees’ funding.
- Making a difference: Grants, other than of a nominal amount, must be such that they make a difference to the recipient.